Ibiza fan wanted for sassy sales role !
Based: Midlands, although extensive travel in the UK is required
Salary: £18-22K plus benefits.
Award winning sales and marketing agency Lotus has built a reputation as a major player in the travel marketing, sales and PR arena. Lotus represents high profile clients across the tourism industry including destinations, tour operators and hotel groups.
As a team we have a reputation for energy and results. We create sales and marketing campaigns backed by commercial insight, intellect and creativity.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Lotus in an Agency Sales Executive capacity, taking responsibility for the trade sales activity for a Lotus client; Palladium Hotel Group.
About the role:
As an Agency Sales Executive, your primary responsibility will be raise the profile of Palladium Hotel Group in the UK travel trade by managing and developing agency relationships on behalf of Palladium Hotel Group.
Palladium Hotel Group is a leading chain of hotels predominantly located in Spain and the Caribbean, operating a number of brands including Palladium Hotels & Resorts, Fiesta Hotels & Resorts, Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife (scheduled to open this autumn), Ayre Hotels, Palladium Boutique Hotels, and Ushuaïa Ibiza Beach Hotel.
You will be the eyes and ears of the business, working with sales people and teaching them how best to sell Palladium properties. You will:
- Plan and carry out sales activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes and timescales
- Develop long-term beneficial relationships with tour operators / travel agencies / airlines / wholesalers / OTAs across the UK on behalf of Palladium Hotel Group
- Sell Palladium Hotel Group face-to-face, giving presentations and holding meetings
- Deliver engaging and informative Palladium training presentations
- Liaise and correspond with agents and operators on a daily basis
- Attend trade shows, domestic or overseas conferences, roadshows, awards evenings and networking events when required to raise the profile of Palladium Hotel Group and to educate sales people
- Proactively arrange trade visits to partners across the UK, following up with key information to support their sales activity
- Organise and host group familiarisation trips to the Palladium properties and carry out post-trip follow up to ensure return on investment
- Develop and maintain a travel agency database
- Work with partners to develop incentives and other sales-focused promotional activity
- Work to specific targets and KPIs
- Communicate regularly with the Lotus team and the Palladium Hotel Group team
- Provide regular reports
- Have a confident and personable manner, be sociable and keen to meet new people
- Be a self-starter, able to manage your time wisely and proactively
- Be professional, presentable and well-organised at all times
- Be comfortable cold-calling travel agents and operators to arrange meetings where required
- Confident public speaker
- Have experience in a travel industry position, preferably in a sales-led role
- Be commercially aware and numerate
- Be willing to travel extensively in the UK and to Ibiza/Tenerife when required
- Be flexible and strive to deliver results at all times
- Hold a full, clean driver's license and have your own car
- Speak Spanish (advantageous but not essential)
You will be based out of Lotus’s Midlands office and will be expected to travel extensively around the UK visiting agency partners.
Deadline for applications: 26th February 2016