LOTUS are hiring! Business Development Manager - Palladium Hotel Group
Business Development Manager - Palladium Hotel Group
Location: Flexible, although extensive travel in the UK & overseas will be required
Salary: Subject to experience
Award winning sales and marketing agency LOTUS has built a reputation as a major player in the travel-marketing, sales and PR area. LOTUS represents high profile clients across the tourism industry including destinations, tour operators and hotel groups.
As a team we have a reputation for energy and results. We create sales and marketing campaigns backed by commercial insight, intellect and creativity. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join LOTUS as a business development manager, working exclusively for Palladium Hotel Group.
About the role:
As a business development manager, your primary responsibility will be to raise the profile of Palladium Hotel Group in the UK travel trade by managing and developing relationships on behalf of Palladium Hotel Group and its extensive hotel portfolio.
Palladium Hotel Group is a Spanish hotel company with over forty years of experience. The group has more than 50 hotels and more than 14,000 rooms in six countries: Spain, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Sicily (Italy) and Brazil and operates 10 brands: TRS Hotels, Grand Palladium Hotels & Resorts, Palladium Hotels, Palladium Boutique Hotels, Fiesta Hotels & Resorts, Ushuaïa Unexpected Hotels, BLESS Collection Hotels, Ayre Hoteles, Only YOU Hotels, as well as licensed brand Hard Rock Hotels in Ibiza and Tenerife.
Palladium Hotel Group currently has two BDM’s in the UK, as well as a PR team.
Working alongside the existing Palladium Hotel Group team in the UK, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and carry out sales activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes and timescales
- Develop long-term beneficial relationships with tour operators / travel agencies / agents/ airlines / wholesalers / OTAs across the UK on behalf of Palladium Hotel Group
- Sell Palladium Hotel Group face-to-face, giving presentations, holding meetings and attending relevant events
- Deliver engaging and informative Palladium training presentations
- Liaise and correspond with agents and operators on a daily basis ensuring they have all the tools needed to sell the properties
- Attend trade shows, domestic or overseas conferences, roadshows, awards evenings and networking events when required to raise the profile of Palladium Hotel Group
- Proactively arrange trade visits to partners across the UK, following up with key information to support their sales activity
- Organise and host group familiarisation trips to the Palladium Hotel Group properties and carry out post-trip follow up to ensure return on investment
- Develop and maintain a travel agency database
- Work with partners to develop incentives and other sales-focused promotional activity
- Work to specific targets and KPIs
- Communicate regularly with the LOTUS team and the Palladium Hotel Group team
- Provide regular reports
- Provide regular social media posts to engage with the travel agent community online
- Be a professional and reliable ambassador for Palladium Hotel Group and LOTUS at all times.
- Have a confident and personable manner, be sociable and keen to meet new people
- Be a self-starter, able to manage your time wisely and proactively
- Be professional, presentable and well-organised at all times
- Be comfortable cold-calling travel agents and operators to arrange meetings where required
- Confident public speaker
- Have experience in a travel industry position, preferably in a sales-led role
- Be commercially aware and numerate
- Be willing to travel extensively in the UK and overseas
- Be flexible and strive to deliver results at all times
- Hold a full, clean driver's license
- Speak Spanish (advantageous but not essential)
You will be home-based but extensive travel will be required.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your cv to Kate McWilliams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th June.