LOTUS RECRUITING FOR AN ACCOUNT MANAGER
LOTUS has built a reputation as a major player in the travel PR and marketing arena representing high profile clients including destinations, airlines, travel companies and hotel groups.
Now as part of leading consumer agency W Communications, LOTUS is developing further with a raft of new business wins and impressive expansion plans that include new international offices and sector specialisms.
As a team we have a reputation for energy and results. We create campaigns backed by intellect and creativity and manage business across many markets.
An opportunity has arisen to join the agency taking day-to-day responsibility for a number of high-profile travel clients.
The role will have an appreciation for the wider marketing mix, including social media and digital.
If the below job description is of interest, contact Sarah Johnson by emailing email@example.com.
About the role
The primary responsibility will be to lead a portfolio of accounts on a day-to-day basis reporting into and supported by a member of SMT or account director and assisted by junior staff.
The role will see the candidate developing existing clients, whilst identifying and helping to win new business and contributing to the development of the company.
- Producing relevant, media-worthy content and releases
- Sourcing media and coverage opportunities for clients in line with client KPIs and objectives
- Selling-in on behalf of clients
- Meeting media and attending networking events and functions with both press and trade
- Keeping up to date with market trends and client needs and reacting to these
- Event management
- Delivering tactical projects and campaigns against brief
- Contributing to the company’s development and acting as its ambassador
- Maintaining and developing long term client relationships
- Developing a strong knowledge of our clients’ businesses/organisations, their markets and competitors
- Assisting in developing proposals, pitching for and securing new business opportunities
- Developing and maintaining strong media and industry relationships
About the person
Key requirements include:
- Proven experience in creating and running PR campaigns
- A nose for news – and creative mind-set to generate it
- Strong media relations skills and active journalist contacts
- Ability to manage campaigns to time and to budget
- Confident written and verbal communications
- Strong commercial acumen
- Persuasive personality
- Ability to write compelling and creative copy
- Motivating and inspiring personal style
- Flexible team player who can adapt easily to the diversity of agency life
- An active personal interest in social media
- Languages are a bonus
The candidate will be expected to travel overseas and may have to work occasional weekends and attend evening events. Languages are a bonus.
Starting salary from £26,000 depending on experience.
- Contributory company pension scheme for all staff
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Childcare vouchers
- Commission for bringing in new business wins
- Recruitment finder’s fee
- Performance related bonus
- Cultural/Training bursary up to £500
- Annual review programme and six-monthly progress assessments
- Mentoring programme – runs as part of our overall development and training programme
- 20 days paid holiday plus England statutory and bank holidays
- Office closure over Christmas and afternoons before Bank Holidays
- Private Health Insurance Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Parties - we enjoy annual Summer and Christmas parties
- Regular social outings
- Friday Drinks
- Free breakfast